On Sun, Feb 02 2014, Leonidas Tsampros wrote: > Having a device change a network, for example from work to home or more > imporantly from work to a public hotspot (e.g. airport, starbucks, > cofeehouses, libraries etc), can lead to "information leaking". > > For example, I do not want my Gnus to try connect to my job's mail server > when at the home network. > > I was thinking that a regural DNS /etc/resolv.conf polling of the > "search" parameter would be nice. So if we see "search corporation.com" > you know I'm at WORK (so kill connection X and don't try and reconnect > to server Y) but if it is set to "search home.lan" hey i'm at home now > kill connections BLABLA and don't try to connect on server KOKO. > > I know that I'm talking about a different problem here, but IP changes > usually comes from changing networks and I want my mail reader to be > "location aware" since ip readdressing is not an everyday task. > > I hope I'm making sense :). Yes, but as you point out this is totaly unrelated, and you can already script that easily in elisp. I did that few years ago already. -- Julien Danjou ;; Free Software hacker ; independent consultant ;; http://julien.danjou.info