* Messages losing their expiry tags
@ 2008-06-23 13:15 Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2008-06-23 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus Beta Testers

       Hi !

It's been a while since I noticed that... I'm using nnml and
auto-expiry, but from time to time, when I enter a mail group, I can see
that some messages have lost their E tag (I *know* they had it before),
and are just marked as O. This is very annoying because some very old
stuff end up living in the group like forever.

The problem is that I never could figure out a pattern to make this
determnistic. The victims look more or less random to me. The only thing
I noticed is that messages that I sent myself (and that are archived in
the same group) look more affected than others.

Did anybody had similar problems ?

--
5th European Lisp Workshop at ECOOP 2008, July 7: http://elw.bknr.net/2008/

Didier Verna, didier@lrde.epita.fr, http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier

EPITA / LRDE, 14-16 rue Voltaire   Tel.+33 (0)1 44 08 01 85
94276 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, France   Fax.+33 (0)1 53 14 59 22  didier@xemacs.org

* Re: Messages losing their expiry tags
@ 2008-06-23 14:13 ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2008-06-23 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus Beta Testers

Didier Verna <didier@xemacs.org> writes:

> Did anybody had similar problems ?

Yes, me and other reported this approx. two or three years ago.
Unfortunately, I was never able to reproduce it reliably.

--
Karl Eichwalder