* CVS problems: corrupted file?
@ 2008-04-02 11:02 Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2008-04-02 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

G'day.  I am looking to do a little development work on the Gnus tree,
but receive the following error while bootstrapping my working
environment:

] cvs -f -q -d :pserver:gnus@cvs.gnus.org:/usr/local/cvsroot checkout -d tailor -D "1997-03-04 01:26:38 UTC" -kk gnus
cvs [server aborted]: unexpected EOF reading RCS file /usr/local/cvsroot/gnus/lisp/gnus-uu.el,v

Would one of the admins like to look into this problem?

Regards,
        Daniel

* Re: CVS problems: corrupted file?
@ 2008-04-02 14:37 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2008-04-02 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pittman; +Cc: ding

Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:

> G'day.  I am looking to do a little development work on the Gnus tree,
> but receive the following error while bootstrapping my working
> environment:
>
> ] cvs -f -q -d :pserver:gnus@cvs.gnus.org:/usr/local/cvsroot checkout -d tailor -D "1997-03-04 01:26:38 UTC" -kk gnus
> cvs [server aborted]: unexpected EOF reading RCS file /usr/local/cvsroot/gnus/lisp/gnus-uu.el,v
>
> Would one of the admins like to look into this problem?

The gnus-uu.el file is corrupt, I believe this has been brought up
before.  I hope someone can fix it too.

/Simon

* Re: CVS problems: corrupted file?
@ 2008-04-02 17:11   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-04-02 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pittman; +Cc: ding

On Wed, Apr 02 2008, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:
>> ] cvs -f -q -d :pserver:gnus@cvs.gnus.org:/usr/local/cvsroot checkout -d tailor -D "1997-03-04 01:26:38 UTC" -kk gnus
>> cvs [server aborted]: unexpected EOF reading RCS file /usr/local/cvsroot/gnus/lisp/gnus-uu.el,v
>>
>> Would one of the admins like to look into this problem?
>
> The gnus-uu.el file is corrupt, I believe this has been brought up
> before.  I hope someone can fix it too.

Andreas Schwab has done some analysis.  See
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/66501/focus=66531>

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: CVS problems: corrupted file?
@ 2008-04-04 16:53   ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2008-04-04 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> writes:

> The gnus-uu.el file is corrupt, I believe this has been brought up
> before.  I hope someone can fix it too.

It's not fixable without an intact backup.  Otherwise the only option is
to truncate the history.

Andreas.