From: Hanak David <dhanak@inf.bme.hu>
Subject: Re: [COMMIT] Face Fix -- still buggy
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:34:15 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> And Faces in forwarded message/rfc822 parts aren't displayed.

Actually, the situatuion is much worse.  I've posted two articles about
this to gnu.emacs.gnus (Xref 36143 and 36151), no answer yet, so I repeat
their main point here, who knows...

1. When both X-Face and Face headers are given, both of them are displayed.
   There is no way to favor one.  (Probably the color image.)  Take
   Yamaoka's mail for example.  It could be solved by writing an
   appropriate gnus-part-display-hook, but...

2. When a message *with* Face header contains and rfc822 forwarded message
   *without* Face header, the face of the containing message is displayed at
   the From header of the contained message.  :-/ Very unfortunate.

Any remarks, ideas on how to fix them?

David

P.S. BTW, how can I crosspost those g.e.g articles to g.d?  `B B' reports:

gnus-summary-move-article: The current group does not support article editing

Or I'm off track, and crosspost means something entirely different?