* Replacing gnus xemacs package with later release
@ 2003-06-16 16:54 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2003-06-16 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

XEmacs ships with an official gnus package.  I prefer to use the more recent
versions that are available and have always installed this in a directory
that is early on load-path.  Is there an easy to remove the "packaged" gnus
in toto and replace it with the cvs gnus?

It irks me that (list-load-path-shadows) show so many shadows when I do it my
way that I'd like to get rid the old package so that new won't shadow the
old.

Thanks!

...Jake

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  www.principiapartners.com

* Re: Replacing gnus xemacs package with later release
@ 2003-06-16 17:31 ` Hanak David
From: Hanak David @ 2003-06-16 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Jake Colman  wrote:

> XEmacs ships with an official gnus package.  I prefer to use the more recent
> versions that are available and have always installed this in a directory
> that is early on load-path.  Is there an easy to remove the "packaged" gnus
> in toto and replace it with the cvs gnus?
>
> It irks me that (list-load-path-shadows) show so many shadows when I do it my
> way that I'd like to get rid the old package so that new won't shadow the
> old.

So, why don't you remove your older Gnus from the load-path?

David

* Re: Replacing gnus xemacs package with later release
@ 2003-06-17 11:38   ` Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2003-06-17 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

   HD> So, why don't you remove your older Gnus from the load-path?

Because it's placed automatically on the load-path via the xemacs packages
facility.  I don't have anything to do with it.

--

@ 2003-06-17 12:08     ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2003-06-17 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)