* multiple listings of group in topic
@ 1997-09-22 23:15 Jason R Mastaler
From: Jason R Mastaler @ 1997-09-22 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been creating more topics lately and moving groups around within
those topics.  One thing I've noticed is that occasionally one group
will suddenly show up more than once in a given topic.  Here is an
excerpt from my Group buffer:

     [ non-tech -- 196 ]
          98: nnmh:lists.persians
          80: nnmh:lists.mtn-raves
           9: nnmh:lists.crystalskull
           9: nnmh:lists.crystalskull

As you can see the last group shows up twice.  If I kill one of the
listings, both will be killed which isn't what I want.  All in all, I
can't think of a reason to ever have multiple copies of the same group
show up in the same topic.  This seems like a bug to me.

   Jason R. Mastaler                      jason@mastaler.com

* Re: multiple listings of group in topic
@ 1997-09-23  4:45 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-09-23  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jason R Mastaler <jason@mastaler.com> writes:

> I've been creating more topics lately and moving groups around within
> those topics.  One thing I've noticed is that occasionally one group
> will suddenly show up more than once in a given topic.

What command creates these duplicate groups?

> If I kill one of the listings, both will be killed which isn't what
> I want.

`T DEL'.

* Re: multiple listings of group in topic
@ 1997-09-23 14:27   ` Jason R Mastaler
From: Jason R Mastaler @ 1997-09-23 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > I've been creating more topics lately and moving groups around within
> > those topics.  One thing I've noticed is that occasionally one group
> > will suddenly show up more than once in a given topic.
>
> What command creates these duplicate groups?

`T m', when I move the group to a new topic.

> > If I kill one of the listings, both will be killed which isn't what
> > I want.
>
> `T DEL'.

`T DEL' is for deleting an empty topic right?  I want to get rid of
the duplicate groups, not the topics.  I tried `T D' also, but get a
"Symbol's value as variable is void: function" error.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-09-23 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jason R Mastaler <jason@mastaler.com> writes:

> > What command creates these duplicate groups?
>
> `T m', when I move the group to a new topic.

Hm.  I've tried this, and I was unable to get it to misbehave.  Are
you sure you didn't use `T c' instead?  :-)

> `T DEL' is for deleting an empty topic right?

Yeah; sorry-

> I tried `T D' also, but get a "Symbol's value as variable is void:
> function" error.

`(setq debug-on-error t)', repeat the bug and mail me the resulting
backtrace.