From: Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com>
Subject: Re: gnus-help
Date: 20 May 1996 18:53:39 -0700	[thread overview]

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Eskilsson <mpt95aes@pt.hk-r.se> writes:

>>>>> "Lars" == Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:

Andrew> Before warping up inte Gnus 5.2, maybe take a look at the gnus-help
Andrew> group?? I feel as though it is the same info in there as it has been
Andrew> from the beginning, maybe mentioning some new features and so on?

Lars> Well, it's just to get people started really.  But if somebody wants
Lars> to rewrite it/add more stuff -- be my guest.  Mail me patches.

Andrew> Hmm maybe put some of the FAQ info there? (hmm isn't there a nnfaq
Andrew> backend? Hmm why not put the FAQ here instead of in the info-files (it
Andrew> is hard to find in the info-tree anyhow!)

There is a FAQ backend, it's called nndoc :-).  Any scheme you come up
with should include the ability to update the saved version from its
monthly Usenet posting.  The headers are cast in concrete, so it
shouldn't be very difficult to pick out ...  If you wanted to get
fancy, bring in the raw source off the web and run Lynx 2.5 on it to
make the minidigest.

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.