Hi Lars et. al, I've returned to Gnus after a long hiatus, so I've re-started my project of trying to understand this very useful, very complicated beast. I looked back into my notes on Gnus and I realize I have loads of questions I never actually got around to asking anyone. I think most of them directly reflect things that could/should be made explicit in the documentation, so the next person doesn't have to ask again. The entire bunch—along with some assertions that I'd like to have refuted if I'm mistaken—is attached here, but of course it's... kinda large. If it would make them easier to answer, I could parcel them out one message at a time. Please advise, -Dave -----