asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes: > Rainer M Krug writes: > >> 1) something similar to offlineimap for gmane, so that I can download my >> news into a local news server and then read it when offline and > > Isn't this the exact use-case for the Gnus Agent? I just realized that - J s is the solution here. Never looked at the agent before... > >> 2) a local smtp relay (I think this is the right word) to which I can >> send email but which is really sending them out once I am online (or can >> I do this in gnus?) > > You could save your outgoing messages as drafts, and then send them when > online, but it isn't quite as automated as installing an MTA locally. As Eric F. pointed out, here is the agent also the solution. > >> Any tips on how I could achieve this? I would, particularly for 1, >> prefer out of gnus solutions. > > Because? I don't know - probably because I am using dovecot locally and like the freedom to have a simple configuration for all mail / news clients I use? By using a local solution, I could specify my newsgroups oce (e.g. in leafnode as you say) and then simply connect from my news client to leafnode and have all newsgroups there. > > I guess Leafnode could be used - just be careful that you don't ask it > to download the entire Linux kernel mailing list or similar, because > you'll probably be auto-blocked from Gmane. Thanks - I'll look into leafnode then. Rainer > > > Best regards, > > Adam -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982