Dan Christensen writes: > Within Gnus, I use > > gnus-mime-save-part-and-strip > > to put large attachments somewhere where they are eventually deleted. > Unfortunately, this isn't very reliable in nnimap groups. It creates > a new article to replace the old one, but the old one isn't always > deleted, and the new one doesn't retain the marks from the old one. > > I also sometimes use a perl script from > > http://detach.optimism.cc/ > > to strip attachments out of e-mail and store them somewhere accessible. > This is quite reliable. I am not referring to saving / stripping the attachments I received, but rather uploading large attachment I want to send. This is particularly useful, if I have to sand a larger document to a number of people, as it can be downloaded from the cloud storage. Rainer > > Dan > > > -- Rainer M. Krug email: RMKruggmailcom