* IMAP and Exchange issues possible bug cause
@ 2012-11-15 23:23 Matt Ford
From: Matt Ford @ 2012-11-15 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

A whilst back I posted a thread about how things broke for me using
Exchange folders over a certain number of messages.

I truncated my folder and things worked beautifully again - unread
counts, flags, and the agent.

Of course my mail box has grown since then and I hit the same problems
(of course forgetting why I truncated all that time ago).

After some more digging I wonder if this is the reason:

http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3459

Now Microsoft acknowledges it's a bug in the server, but the work around
implemented by Mutt means that they don't have to rely on Exchange
admins applying patches (which I'm guessing mine haven't).  And given
the number of people having problems with Exchange a lot aren't.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2494798

What does GNUs do?  Does it use "chunking" for fetching messages, can I
configure it to?
--
Matt