* Easy "show text instead of HTML" command?
@ 2011-11-14 23:04 Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-11-14 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

When I have a message with Content-Type multipart/alternative containing
HTML and text parts, I'd like to be able to easily switch between
viewing the text parts and the HTML parts without showing buttons,
switching to the message buffer, and choosing the parts in question.
Does anyone have a solution for that?

Thanks,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

* Re: Easy "show text instead of HTML" command?
@ 2011-11-15 11:52 ` Greg Troxel
From: Greg Troxel @ 2011-11-15 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Abrahams; +Cc: ding

  From: Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com>

  When I have a message with Content-Type multipart/alternative containing
  HTML and text parts, I'd like to be able to easily switch between
  viewing the text parts and the HTML parts without showing buttons,
  switching to the message buffer, and choosing the parts in question.

I wanted to do the same thing (to get a link that was missing from the
text/plain part), and found the following, which isn't quite what you
asked but was good enough.

W M v runs the command gnus-mime-view-all-parts, which is an
interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-art.el'.

It is bound to W M v, <menu-bar> <Article> <MIME> <View all>.

(gnus-mime-view-all-parts &optional HANDLES)

View all the MIME parts.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 194 bytes --]

* Re: Easy "show text instead of HTML" command?
@ 2011-11-17 20:23   ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-11-17 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Troxel; +Cc: ding

on Tue Nov 15 2011, Greg Troxel <gdt-AT-work.lexort.com> wrote:

>   From: Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com>
>
>   When I have a message with Content-Type multipart/alternative containing
>   HTML and text parts, I'd like to be able to easily switch between
>   viewing the text parts and the HTML parts without showing buttons,
>   switching to the message buffer, and choosing the parts in question.
>
> I wanted to do the same thing (to get a link that was missing from the
> text/plain part), and found the following, which isn't quite what you
> asked but was good enough.
>
> W M v runs the command gnus-mime-view-all-parts, which is an
> interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-art.el'.
>
> It is bound to W M v, <menu-bar> <Article> <MIME> <View all>.

Thanks; that's a help!

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing