* Gnus 5.4.7 problems on Win32
@ 1997-01-29 20:09 Rich Pieri
From: Rich Pieri @ 1997-01-29 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rich Pieri <rich.pieri@prescienttech.com> | Do not use Happy Fun Ball on
Prescient Technologies, Inc.              | concrete.
A Stone & Webster Company                 |
I speak for myself, not PTI or SWEC       |

* Re: Gnus 5.4.7 problems on Win32
@ 1997-01-29 20:47 ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1997-01-29 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rich Pieri writes:

> Doing chmod: no such file or directory, d:/ratinox/.gnus-crash-box

I have observed similar errors on Linux with an NFS mounted home
directory.
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.

* Re: Gnus 5.4.7 problems on Win32
@ 1997-01-30  2:57 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-01-30  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rich Pieri <rich.pieri@prescienttech.com> writes:

> nnmail is trying to treat ~/.bashrc as an inbox/crashbox, which is just
> plain wrong, and I cannot see where it is getting that from.  The
> .overview files are not saved (though I can save them manually).  The
> active file is unchanged (and it appears that I cannot save that).

What's the value of your `nnmail-spool-file'?

> nnml-generate-nov-databases barfs in various and sundry ways (two runs
> with two completely different tracebacks, triggered by different groups
> and functions).

I think this'll be fixed in 5.2.8.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Gnus 5.4.7 problems on Win32
@ 1997-01-30 15:07   ` Rich Pieri
From: Rich Pieri @ 1997-01-30 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rich Pieri <rich.pieri@prescienttech.com> | Ingredients of Happy Fun Ball
Prescient Technologies, Inc.              | include an unknown glowing

* Re: Gnus 5.4.7 problems on Win32
@ 1997-01-30 16:12   ` Rich Pieri

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-01-30 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rich Pieri <rich.pieri@prescienttech.com> writes:

> LMI> What's the value of your `nnmail-spool-file'?
>
> An empty string: `""', because I am getting mail from a POP server and
> do not have a local spool.

That variable should be "po:whatever" when getting mail from a POP
server, shouldn't it?  How does Gnus fetch mail from the server?

@ 1997-01-30 17:38       ` Rich Pieri
From: Rich Pieri @ 1997-01-30 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rich Pieri <rich.pieri@prescienttech.com> | Warning: pregnant women, the
Prescient Technologies, Inc.              | elderly, and children under 10

* Re: Gnus 5.4.7 problems on Win32
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-01-31 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rich Pieri <rich.pieri@prescienttech.com> writes:

> LMI> What's the value of your `nnmail-spool-file'?
>
> As mentioned before, an empty string.

Well, that's an illegal value.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen