Hello, On 2014-08-06 20:14, Katsumi Yamaoka writes: > I've reverted the change in the Gnus git master and the Emacs trunk. > Please reinstall the feature if you get a good solution. I have > no idea for it so far, sorry. Here is an adaptation of Eric's patch that takes these problems into account. As the target is either a string, the 'delete symbol, or a function, I test those in turn. In the case it's a function, the result from the call should be either a string or a 'delete symbol or a string. In the case it's a 'delete symbole, the hook is called with 'nil' as target. Eric: I reused your log message, I hope you don't mind. Best, Alan