From: Matt Swift <swift@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Gnus development remains haphazard?
Date: 02 Apr 2001 06:58:56 -0400	[thread overview]

>> "W" == William wrote:

    W> Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> writes:
    >> Matt Swift <swift@alum.mit.edu> writes:
    >>
    >> > I don't have the resources or knowledge to establish a bug tracking
    >> > system,
    >>
    >> Both sourceforge and savannah do, though.  It might be useful to start
    >> taking advantage of some of their tools.

    W> Savannah is very nice, and would probably make a better 'official' home
    W> than sourceforge.  Gnus is an official GNU component, eh?

I thought of sourceforge soon after my original posting.  I didn't
know about savannah.gnu.org yet, thanks.

There are also independent bug-tracking systems like Debian's BTS (I
am familiar with this as a user of it -- I think it's fantastic),
Bugzilla, and Gnats (I've never used either of these).

Gnus is an official GNU component, according the gnus.el that comes
with my Emacs 20.7, but Gnus doesn't have a page on www.gnu.org or
savannah.gnu.org, I don't think.

I am willing to help establish or maintain a Gnus presence at gnu.org,
or a different bug-tracking initiative.  I have some relevant skills,
but I don't have the global knowledge of Gnus and its development to
make good high-level decisions.  I invite anyone who does and wants to
coordinate an effort like this to write me privately, and I will make
some time to give some assistance.