* nnimap error -  Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
@ 2010-09-22 17:32 CHENG Gao
From: CHENG Gao @ 2010-09-22 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I am trying to test this new nnimap. But with gmail and another imap
account, I got no luck.

Setting in my .gnus:
,----
| 		(nnimap "gmail"
|                                   (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
|                                   (nnimap-server-port 993)
|                                   (nnimap-stream ssl))
`----

I have entry in .authinfo.

When I start up Gnus, and use "^" to browse servers, I see nnimap:gmail
denied. I use "O" to open it and then click on it, I got:

,----
|  Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
`----

nnimap buffer for gmail is empty.

While testing another account, nnimap buffer seems right.

BTW, what's the orthodoxical way to set up imap and auth
(auth-sources?)? Please kindly give one working setting as example. TIA.

* Re: nnimap error -  Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
@ 2010-09-23 12:32 ` Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2010-09-23 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CHENG Gao; +Cc: ding

On Wed, Sep 22 2010, CHENG Gao wrote:

> ,----
> |  Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
> `----
>
> nnimap buffer for gmail is empty.

M-x toggle-debug-on-error

May give you a backtrace.

--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <julien@danjou.info>   http://julien.danjou.info

* Re: nnimap error -  Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
@ 2010-09-23 14:33 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-09-23 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 01:32:19 +0800 CHENG Gao <chenggao@cyberhut.org> wrote:

CG> BTW, what's the orthodoxical way to set up imap and auth
CG> (auth-sources?)? Please kindly give one working setting as example. TIA.

Well, start in (info "(auth) Help for users").  You don't have to
specify a port so you just need

machine YOURMACHINE login YOU password GENERALPASSWORD

in the authinfo file to get you started.  It should be pretty clear from
the docs.

Ted

* Re: nnimap error -  Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
@ 2010-09-23 17:23   ` CHENG Gao
From: CHENG Gao @ 2010-09-23 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

*On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:33:59 -0500
* Also sprach Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>:

> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 01:32:19 +0800 CHENG Gao <chenggao@cyberhut.org> wrote:
>
> CG> BTW, what's the orthodoxical way to set up imap and auth
> CG> (auth-sources?)? Please kindly give one working setting as example. TIA.
>
> Well, start in (info "(auth) Help for users").  You don't have to
> specify a port so you just need
>
> machine YOURMACHINE login YOU password GENERALPASSWORD
>
> in the authinfo file to get you started.  It should be pretty clear from
> the docs.
>
> Ted

Thanks. I'll read the manual.

I added --insecure to tls-program, and found out that two nniam buffers
look right. But I still get this error message which is triggered by
nnimap-send-command:

,----
| (defun nnimap-send-command (&rest args)
|   (process-send-string
|    (get-buffer-process (current-buffer))
|    (nnimap-log-command
|     (format "%d %s%s\n"
| 	    (incf nnimap-sequence)
| 	    (apply #'format args)                  <-- this triggers error.
| 	    (if (nnimap-newlinep nnimap-object)
| 		""
| 	      "\r"))))
|   nnimap-sequence)
`----

I guess even though nniamp buffers look right, my conections to imap
servers may fail.

If it matters, I use:
Emacs built from bzr source today, MACOSX
gnutls built from source, version 2.10.1

* Re: nnimap error -  Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-09-23 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

CHENG Gao <chenggao@cyberhut.org> writes:

> I added --insecure to tls-program, and found out that two nniam buffers
> look right. But I still get this error message which is triggered by
> nnimap-send-command:

`(setq debug-on-error t)' and post the backtrace.

* Re: nnimap error -  Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
@ 2010-09-23 20:00   ` CHENG Gao
From: CHENG Gao @ 2010-09-23 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

*On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:33:59 -0500
* Also sprach Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>:

> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 01:32:19 +0800 CHENG Gao <chenggao@cyberhut.org> wrote:
>
> CG> BTW, what's the orthodoxical way to set up imap and auth
> CG> (auth-sources?)? Please kindly give one working setting as example. TIA.
>
> Well, start in (info "(auth) Help for users").  You don't have to
> specify a port so you just need
>
> machine YOURMACHINE login YOU password GENERALPASSWORD
>
> in the authinfo file to get you started.  It should be pretty clear from
> the docs.
>
> Ted

OOPS! At last I found out why. nnimap ignores nnimap-authinfo-file and
use auth-sources only. Instead of default ~/.authinfo.gpg & ~/.authinfo,
I put them in ~/.emacs.d. Thus Gnus can not feed login info. Now it
works well.

I have to admit I like auth-sources concept though got bitten
by it.