Sorry - forgot os: OS X, using homebrew. For 2) postfix seems to be the solution - see e.g. http://www.checkmarkmedia.com/node/10 Cheers, Rainer Rainer M Krug writes: > Hi > > I really like my mail setup with offlineimap. There are only two things > I would like to have: > > 1) something similar to offlineimap for gmane, so that I can download my > news into a local news server and then read it when offline and > > 2) a local smtp relay (I think this is the right word) to which I can > send email but which is really sending them out once I am online (or can > I do this in gnus?) > > Any tips on how I could achieve this? I would, particularly for 1, > prefer out of gnus solutions. > > Thanks, > > Rainer -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982