* Minor suggestion on message-citation-line-format
@ 2007-03-26 16:33 Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-03-26 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all,

Would it be possible not to add an extra blank line between the
citation line and the cited message by customizing
message-citation-line-format? Like the following example:

,----
| On 2007-03-26, Carsten Dominik said:
| >> Hello Carsten and list,
`----

Best,

* Re: Minor suggestion on message-citation-line-format
@ 2007-04-21 12:02 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-04-21 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, Mar 26 2007, Leo wrote:

> Would it be possible not to add an extra blank line between the
> citation line and the cited message by customizing
> message-citation-line-format?

Well, we could require a trailing "\n" to have the current state.  But
it would be an incompatible change (one year after it's introduction)
for all users that have changed `message-citation-line-format'.  As No
Gnus is no stable release, we could do this, though.

But there's an alternative solution for you:

(setq message-citation-line-function
      (lambda ()
	(message-insert-formated-citation-line)
	(delete-backward-char 1)))

Hm, I looked at some other postings and saw several postings where the
blank line is missing.  I won't object to remove one hard-coded
`newline' in `message-insert-formated-citation-line' and add "\n" to
the default of `message-citation-line-format'.  Opinions?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Minor suggestion on message-citation-line-format
@ 2007-04-21 23:48   ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2007-04-21 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Hm, I looked at some other postings and saw several postings where the
> blank line is missing.  I won't object to remove one hard-coded
> `newline' in `message-insert-formated-citation-line' and add "\n" to
> the default of `message-citation-line-format'.  Opinions?

I loathe those blank lines, so I won't object if you make them easier to
remove... :-)

-Miles

--
97% of everything is grunge

* Re: Minor suggestion on message-citation-line-format
@ 2007-05-08 18:44   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-05-08 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

----- Reiner Steib (2007-04-21) wrote:-----

> Hm, I looked at some other postings and saw several postings where the
> blank line is missing.  I won't object to remove one hard-coded
> `newline' in `message-insert-formated-citation-line' and add "\n" to
> the default of `message-citation-line-format'.  Opinions?

Has the change been made?

* Re: Minor suggestion on message-citation-line-format
@ 2007-05-08 21:41     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-05-08 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, May 08 2007, Leo wrote:

> ----- Reiner Steib (2007-04-21) wrote:-----
>
>> Hm, I looked at some other postings and saw several postings where the
>> blank line is missing.  I won't object to remove one hard-coded
>> `newline' in `message-insert-formated-citation-line' and add "\n" to
>> the default of `message-citation-line-format'.  Opinions?
>
> Has the change been made?

I've made it now.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Minor suggestion on message-citation-line-format
@ 2007-05-09  0:30       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-05-09  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

----- Reiner Steib (2007-05-08) wrote:-----

> On Tue, May 08 2007, Leo wrote:
>
>> ----- Reiner Steib (2007-04-21) wrote:-----
>>
>>> Hm, I looked at some other postings and saw several postings where the
>>> blank line is missing.  I won't object to remove one hard-coded
>>> `newline' in `message-insert-formated-citation-line' and add "\n" to
>>> the default of `message-citation-line-format'.  Opinions?
>>
>> Has the change been made?
>
> I've made it now.
>
> Bye, Reiner.

Thanks ;)