* different citation styles and line length in different groups
@ 2005-07-22 20:15 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-07-22 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

Is there any possibility to chose for different groups different
setting concerning citation (using supercite here) and the line
length.

Customise groups allows me to change certain  settings for the summary
buffer etc  of that  group  but it is  not  useful for the  setting of
sending and replying. I thought of the posting style but can't see how
to put the relevant variables there.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: different citation styles and line length in different groups
@ 2005-07-24 12:10 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2005-07-24 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Is there any possibility to chose for different groups different
> setting concerning citation (using supercite here) and the line
> length.

You can set group-local variables.  Type G c on a group name to access
that screen.  The local variables can be found near the bottom.

If the variables are evaluated in the summary buffer, this is
sufficient.  However, some variables are actually evaluated in the
article buffer or in the message buffer (or messages composed from
that group).  If you find that changing a variable doesn't have any
effect, also add its name to the list gnus-newsgroup-variables, like
so:

(add-to-list 'gnus-newsgroup-variables 'my-special-variable)

Adding to gnus-newsgroup-variables only needs to be done once,
globally.  You do not need to do it for each group.

Kai