* bogofilter in gnus
@ 2005-06-07 16:19 Flatman
From: Flatman @ 2005-06-07 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I installed bogofilter but can't make it work in gnus ...

I added
(setq spam-use-bogofilter t)
to my .gnus and also wrote the :spam-split line in nnmail-split-fancy (at the top)

So why doesn't it put spam in my spam-box and why is bogofilter not learning from spam-marked messages ?

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks
Erik

* Re: bogofilter in gnus
@ 2005-06-08 23:48 ` Adam Duck
From: Adam Duck @ 2005-06-08 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Flatman <flatman@swing.be> writes:

> I added
> (setq spam-use-bogofilter t)
> to my .gnus and also wrote the :spam-split line in nnmail-split-fancy (at the top)
>
> So why doesn't it put spam in my spam-box and why is bogofilter not learning from spam-marked messages ?

Did you write "(: spam-split)" or "(:spam-split)"?  The former is the
right one; with this you should see the "calling bogofilter function"
messages...

Bye, Adam.

* Re: bogofilter in gnus
@ 2005-06-09 15:01   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2005-06-09 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005, duck@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de wrote:

> Flatman <flatman@swing.be> writes:
>
>> I added
>> (setq spam-use-bogofilter t)
>> to my .gnus and also wrote the :spam-split line in nnmail-split-fancy (at the
>> 	top)
>>
>> So why doesn't it put spam in my spam-box and why is bogofilter not learning
>> 	from spam-marked messages ?
>>

> Did you write "(: spam-split)" or "(:spam-split)"?  The former is the
> right one; with this you should see the "calling bogofilter function"
> messages...

Also note you should have

(spam-initialize 'spam-use-bogofilter)

in your .gnus file, assuming a recent version of Gnus (you should
update to the latest release if possible).  That makes
(setq spam-use-bogofilter t) unnecessary as well.

For learning from spam-marked messages you need to designate your spam
group as such with Gnus parameters (`G c' on the group) and set an
exit spam processor.  Then, when you quit the group, all spam articles
will be processed by whatever spam processors you chose, which is
spam-use-bogofilter but can be others as well.

Ted