* IMAP4rev1 (nnimap) backend quite near to being there.
@ 1996-12-29  4:16 visigoth
From: visigoth @ 1996-12-29  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've got nnimap.el written, along with a general imap.el utility
library for talking to IMAP4rev1 stuff.  It's very dirty code, but now
that I have something that actually works, I'm going to clean it up a
bit.

A very important thing I need to know before I will be ready to claim
that this works:

How can I (as a backend writer) toss a piece of information into the
group parameters for a group?  In order to maintain the UID
information (stuff I mentioned a month or so back), I need to toss a
random cons cell into the group info (or I suppose server info would
also do--I'd just have to keep a list in it or something.  I'd prefer
group info, though--it only needs to be kept for subbed groups, and,
well, there's one for each group, and our server has some 10000
groups...)

I'll continue looking for a way, and in the meantime will keep
cleaning up the code.  (I'm actually using the code now to read stuff.  !)

* Re: IMAP4rev1 (nnimap) backend quite near to being there.
@ 1997-01-02 15:20 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-01-02 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

visigoth@naiad.fac.cs.cmu.edu writes:

> How can I (as a backend writer) toss a piece of information into the
> group parameters for a group?

You can call `gnus-group-set-parameter' directly, but that's somewhat
naughty...

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen