* Unable to access mailing list archives over web.
@ 1996-04-23  8:52 Aharon Schkolnik
From: Aharon Schkolnik @ 1996-04-23  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I try  to access:

http://www.miranova.com/gnus-list/

I get:

Fatal Error

System call `fopen' failed: Permission denied.

Since I can't access the archives, does anyone remember if someone
posted something about very slow loading over dial-up lines, and the
possible use of a variable with the string `mono' in it ?

TIA.

--
  The day is short, and the work is great,     |   Aharon Schkolnik
  and the laborers are lazy, and the reward    |   Aharon@Matat.Health.Gov.IL

* Re: Unable to access mailing list archives over web.
@ 1996-04-23 18:38 ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-04-23 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aharon> When I try  to access:

Aharon> http://www.miranova.com/gnus-list/

Aharon> I get:

Aharon> Fatal Error

Aharon> System call `fopen' failed: Permission denied.

I apologize to you (also to h.b.furuseth) for the inconvenience,
especially since you're posting from a civilized country.

The US Government banned email archives (via the Communications
Decency Act) back in February of this year.  It appears now that that
law will get overturned in court.  At the present time though, the CDA
is by default the law of the land.  As soon as it is not a felony, two
years in prison and a 6 figure fine for me to mirror arbitrary text
collected from an international mailing list, the archives will be
back.

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.