Eric Abrahamsen writes: > Theoretically, reducing `gnus-registry-max-entries' is what you do to > trim it back! What's your value of `gnus-registry-track-extra'? That > might contribute to a larger file size. The relevant settings appear to be: (setq gnus-registry-max-entries 20000 gnus-registry-split-strategy nil gnus-registry-use-long-group-names t gnus-registry-track-extra '(recipient)) I’m reasonably sure that gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent is the only thing I’m using it for. Not sure why I put ‘recipient’ in there. Be seeing you, norm -- Norman Walsh | Those who in their youth did not live http://nwalsh.com/ | in self-harmony, and who did not gain | the true treasures of life, are later | like long-legged old herons standing | sadly by a lake without fish.--The | Dhammapada