* nndoc-use-long-file-names?
@ 1997-02-11 17:47 Niels Olof Bouvin
From: Niels Olof Bouvin @ 1997-02-11 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
I need to have quite a few nndoc groups (mainly old postings from news
groups) and rather than having my ~/News filled up with nndoc+..... wotnots,
I would prefer a nndoc directory with the groups arranged hierarchical.
I have gnus-use-long-file-name nil, but this has no effect on the nndoc
groups.
So I guess I'm looking for a nndoc-use-long-file-names. Lacking that, what
else can I do?
Cheers
	Niels Olof

--
Niels Olof Bouvin http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~bouvin/ Voice: (+45)89423274 \ /
In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro (")

* Re: nndoc-use-long-file-names?
@ 1997-02-12  8:48 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-02-12  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Niels Olof Bouvin <bouvin@daimi.aau.dk> writes:

> I need to have quite a few nndoc groups (mainly old postings from
> news groups) and rather than having my ~/News filled up with
> nndoc+..... wotnots,

What kinds of things?

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: nndoc-use-long-file-names?
@ 1997-02-13  9:52   ` Niels Olof Bouvin
From: Niels Olof Bouvin @ 1997-02-13  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:
[snip]
> What kinds of things?

Well, I use adaptive scoring, so right now I have a bunch of directories
in my ~/News in the form of

nndoc+.users.bouvin.News.alt.books.george-orwell.news/
  .
  .
nndoc+.users.bouvin.News.soc.history.medieval.news/

Each and all contain a 'news' directory containing ADAPT and SCORE.

I realise of course that the name of the directories reflect the path
to the respective nndoc files, but I would like my nndoc files to be
arranged hierarchical, just as my (saved) news. Or at least in a nndoc/
directory. This is of course mainly an aesthetic problem.

Cheers
	Niels Olof

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-02-14  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Niels Olof Bouvin <bouvin@daimi.aau.dk> writes:

> nndoc+.users.bouvin.News.soc.history.medieval.news/
>
> Each and all contain a 'news' directory containing ADAPT and SCORE.
>
> I realise of course that the name of the directories reflect the path
> to the respective nndoc files, but I would like my nndoc files to be
> arranged hierarchical, just as my (saved) news. Or at least in a nndoc/
> directory. This is of course mainly an aesthetic problem.

The problem here is that the server name seems to be
".users.bouvin.News.soc.history.medieval.news".  The server name isn't
slashified when creating file names, so you are really getting short
file names, even though these short file names are kinda long.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen