I've been using nnml for years. Now I'm using it on Mac and I realize that if the files were named 'nnnnn.txt' instead of just 'nnnnn' that they'd be "text files" and would get indexed by Spotlight. Really, mail is about the only thing I'd ever want Spotlight to index anyway. It looks like I could also fix this problem by telling the Mac that files of type 'public.data' (which is what files named 'nnnnn' appear to be) are mail. But since I don't know what else might turn up as public.data, I'm a little reluctant to do that. Thoughts? Be seeing you, norm -- Norman Walsh | There are infinite possibilities of http://nwalsh.com/ | error, and more cranks take up | unfashionable untruths than | unfashionable truths.--Bertrand Russell