* Can't get rid of group!
@ 1998-07-21 13:21 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 1998-07-21 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using an nnml backend to process a mailing list.  I created the new group
using 'G m ' (make a foreign group).  I misspelled the name that I wanted to
use and recreated a new group with the correct name.  The bogus group now
refuses to disappear from my group list!  I've tried killing it, setting its
level to 9, deleting the physical directory, but all to no avail.  How do I get
rid of the sucker!

Version Info:

GNU Emacs 20.2.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.4, X toolkit)
 of Mon Dec  1 1997 on clay.principia.com

Gnus v5.6.24; nntp 5.0; nnml 1.0; nnmh 1.0; nndoc 1.0; nndraft 1.0;
nnfolder 1.0; nnimap 0.3.11

Thanx!

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com

* Re: Can't get rid of group!
@ 1998-07-21 13:28 ` Francisco Solsona
From: Francisco Solsona @ 1998-07-21 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> I am using an nnml backend to process a mailing list.  I created the new group
> using 'G m ' (make a foreign group).  I misspelled the name that I wanted to
> use and recreated a new group with the correct name.  The bogus group now
> refuses to disappear from my group list!  I've tried killing it, setting its
> level to 9, deleting the physical directory, but all to no avail.  How do I get
> rid of the sucker!

	`G [delete]` works for me. Here's the info:

G delete runs `gnus-group-delete-group'

`gnus-group-delete-group' is an interactive compiled Lisp function
  -- loaded from "gnus-group.elc"
(gnus-group-delete-group GROUP &optional FORCE)

Delete the current group.  Only meaningful with mail groups.
If FORCE (the prefix) is non-nil, all the articles in the group will
be deleted.  This is "deleted" as in "removed forever from the face
of the Earth".	 There is no undo.  The user will be prompted before
doing the deletion.

hth,
Francisco

--
Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in
the world that just don't add up.