From: steve@miranova.com (Steven L. Baur)
Subject: Sgnus scoring Bug or Feature?
Date: 04 Nov 1995 21:02:39 -0800	[thread overview]

This is a neat effect ...  (sgnus 0.12, didn't notice it gnus 5.0)

Lets say you have (adding mark & expunge #s for reference)
(("from"
  ("@aol.com" -500 nil s))
 (mark -500)
 (expunge -1000)
 (mark-and-expunge -1000))
in your all.SCORE

and

(("from"
  ("aol.com" -1000 nil r)))
in your alt.SCORE.

The effect I'm finding is that when entering a group with aol posts,
the aol posts are not displayed with the rest of the messages.  They are
still counted in the total message count.  So once you're done with
the group, you have a bunch of unread messages from aol.com.  Reenter
the group to verify.

I like this a lot!  But I suspect it's a bug.  Is this just me, or can
this effect be duplicated?

Comments?

Regards,
--