* Score file to trash commercials
@ 1996-04-18 15:35 Ketil Z Malde
From: Ketil Z Malde @ 1996-04-18 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I realize this is balancing on the border of on-topicism, but
I'm getting seriously annoyed by lusers bombarding me with
junk.  To the point that I'm going to boycott email from
certain domains.

Has anybody already compiled list of «notorious» domains that
I can grep for with a score file?  If not, I'm going to
create one myself, adding domains that repeatedly fail to
educate its users.

If there's any interest, I'll make the score file publicly
available -- what is the best mechanism for this?

~kzm

* Re: Score file to trash commercials
@ 1996-04-19  0:49 ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-04-19  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ketil> If there's any interest, I'll make the score file publicly
Ketil> available -- what is the best mechanism for this?

Send it to me, and I'll put it in the Gnus FAQ.
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.

* Re: Score file to trash commercials
@ 1996-04-26 14:01 ` Ketil.Z
From: Ketil.Z @ 1996-04-26 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Just a quick notice about me using score files to automatically discard
mail from certain domains notorious for distributing unsolicited,
commercial garbage.

I ended up creating a procmail file that sorts mail into two heaps,
"spool" and "discard", and letting Gnus only read from spool.  Thus, the
garbage is collected on arrival, and Gnus doesn't need to worry about it
at all.

Steve, mail me if you want any of this for the FAQ (though it *is*
rather trivial).

~kzm

After being sufficently pissed off by the users from certain domains,
I'm down to:
--
Mail from aol.com and interramp.com domains will be discarded
Finger <ketil@haukugle.ii.uib.no> for more info