From: Malcolm Purvis <malcolm@purvis.id.au>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: A question about INBOX in IMAP mailboxes
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 22:11:55 +1100	[thread overview]

> Mail splitting is currently being handled by sieve, not by Gnus.
> However, when sieve leaves a message in INBOX rather than
> sorting it to another folder, it does not appear in INBOX using
> `g' (gnus-group-get-new-news).  Any mail that stays there does
> show up if I use `M-g' (gnus-topic-get-new-news-this-topic) on
> the group.

I see the same behaviour with a server hosted on a local dovecot
server but synced to Gmail via mbsync. When I start Gnus  all new
messages are shown in the INBOX, but new messages from subsequent
syncs are not show until I hit 'M-g' or restart Gnus.  IIRC this
used to work until a few months ago.

Malcolm

--
          Malcolm Purvis <malcolm@purvis.id.au>