Katsumi Yamaoka writes: > On Tue, 04 Oct 2016 11:50:50 +0200, Rainer M Krug wrote: >> I have the following two server in gnus, in addition to a local imap and >> gmane, which I have no idea where they come from and if I need them. >> ,---- >>| {nnfolder:archive} (opened) >>| {nndraft:} (opened) >> `---- >> My questions are: >> 1) how did they get here, are they part of the default setup of gnus? >> 2) what are they used for? >> 3) how can I get rid of them if they are not needed (I assume that >> nndraft might be useful?)? > > The nnfolder:archive method will be created when a user uses > Gnus for the first time (w/o ~/.newsrc.eld, ~/.gnus.el) for > archiving sent messages. See: (info "(gnus)Archived Messages") > > To remove it, quit Gnus, edit the ~/.newsrc.eld file and delete > the ("archive" ...) portion in the (setq gnus-server-alist...) > section. Be extremely careful! To turn on the show-paren-mode > is recommended. > > There may be similar one, named nndoc:gnus-help . > It used to be used by the nndoc+gnus-help:gnus-help group that > was created when a user uses Gnus for the first time, too. But > the automatic creation of the group was removed at 2010-10-30. > The group should exist even now if you haven't explicitly killed > it. Or you can create it by `G h' in the group buffer. The > contents are that of etc/gnus-tut.txt . > > The draft: method is used for handling draft messages to send. > I don't know alternative way of it, so never remove it. See: > (info "(gnus)Drafts") Thanks for the info - as they are more or less part of gnus, I'll just leave them where they are. Rainer > > Regards, > -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982