On 2016-01-05 19:02, CHENG Gao writes: >> How can I really remove a server from gnus (as in, get rid of all the >> cached data for that server)? Is this when I delete .newsrc? >> >> Thanks, >> >> Alan > > Is it related to Gnus agent? Do you use unplugged mode? > > And maybe you can just leave gnus-select-method as nnnil, and put all > into gnus-secondary-select-methods to see for some time if it works. > > I am a little suspicious of gnus-select-method, though I can not prove. I ended up moving the group to a secondary method and changing its name. It's back to sane now. I've tried using the agent in the past but I have not done much with it… I should try to disable it if I don't use it more. Thanks for the suggestions, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7 Athmospheric CO₂ (Updated December 28, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.): 402.60 ppm