Simon Josefsson: > Matthias Andree writes: > > Hi, > > > > apparently, these modes are broken: > > > > #secure method=pgp mode=signencrypt > > #secure method=pgp mode=encrypt > > > > this works for me: > > > > #secure method=pgpmime mode=signencrypt > > > > > > A method=pgp mode=encrypt emits base64 junk after decrypting. > > > > A method=pgp mode=signencrypt emits this fine dung after decrypting > > (screenshot from mutt, Gnus doesn't do any better). > > > > Does Gnus run gnupg twice or something? Once to clearsign, then to > > encrypt? > > Yup. See the Message manual on Security. You want: > > (setq mml-signencrypt-style-alist '(("smime" combined) > ("pgp" combined) > ("pgpmime" combined))) > > I think Gnus should default to this, or even better, figure out when > it doesn't work and revert back to the combined mode. I got bitten by the same thing. IMHO it should default to this. --J.