From: "Johan Kullstam" <kullstam@ne.mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Scoring menus
Date: 06 Nov 2000 18:04:18 -0500	[thread overview]

Per Abrahamsen <abraham@dina.kvl.dk> writes:

> Paul Stevenson <p.stevenson@surrey.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > While we're on the subject, there are a few menu selections which are
> > also bound to keystrokes, whose key equivalents do not show on the
> > menus.  'G e' springs to mind for editting group parameters.
>
> Well, the idea was that people who prefer menus over keybindings,
> probably prefer forms over sexps too.  Or put another way, if you
> can't remember the keybinding, you are unlikely to remember the group
> parameter syntax either.

well, there are only 40 bazillion keybindings in gnus.  sometimes you
just don't even know all the options.

for me, the menubar is there to give some less frequently used options
a place to live.  i can't remember every keybinding.  i still prefer
sexps over forms though.

> > Should these gaps be filled in?
>
> I don't think the gaps should be filled just for the sake of filling
> the gaps.

some gaps ought to be filled in.

--
J o h a n  K u l l s t a m