* Gnu Color
@ 1997-09-23  8:49 SL Baur
From: SL Baur @ 1997-09-23  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Why does the Gnu show up in white on the Linux console?  Shouldn't it
be green?  XEmacs recognizes it can do color as the splash screen is
in color.

I like the graphic Gnu color in X11 (which didn't appear to change
despite the comments from Lars saying it was going to become forest
green) so sue me.

* Re: Gnu Color
@ 1997-09-23 23:55 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-09-23 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

SL Baur <steve@xemacs.org> writes:

> Why does the Gnu show up in white on the Linux console?  Shouldn't it
> be green?  XEmacs recognizes it can do color as the splash screen is
> in color.
>
> I like the graphic Gnu color in X11 (which didn't appear to change
> despite the comments from Lars saying it was going to become forest
> green) so sue me.

I'm not quite sure which gnu you're talkinb about when.  There are
three of them.

1) The line-drawing _____ one.

2) The XEmacs two-color one.

3) The Emacs-under-X single-color one.

Only 1) and 3) have changed color, but they should all be green.

* Re: Gnu Color
@ 1997-09-24  1:20   ` SL Baur
From: SL Baur @ 1997-09-24  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> SL Baur <steve@xemacs.org> writes:
>> Why does the Gnu show up in white on the Linux console?  Shouldn't it
>> be green?  XEmacs recognizes it can do color as the splash screen is
>> in color.
>>

> I'm not quite sure which gnu you're talkinb about when.  There are
> three of them.

XEmacs in text mode on a color terminal and XEmacs knows it has color
available.

> 1) The line-drawing _____ one.

This one, I think.

> 2) The XEmacs two-color one.

The XEmacs-under-X two-color one, yes, this one is fine.

> 3) The Emacs-under-X single-color one.

No, it wouldn't be this one -- I'm referring to the one you get
running in text mode.

> Only 1) and 3) have changed color, but they should all be green.

Does Emacs 20 do color in text mode now?  I don't see it listed in the
NEWS file.

* Re: Gnu Color
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-09-24 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

SL Baur <steve@xemacs.org> writes:

> > 1) The line-drawing _____ one.
>
> This one, I think.

I'm using a normal defface'd face -- `gnus-splash-face' -- on the
line-drawing gnu, so it should be in color.

> > 3) The Emacs-under-X single-color one.
>
> No, it wouldn't be this one -- I'm referring to the one you get
> running in text mode.
>
> > Only 1) and 3) have changed color, but they should all be green.
>
> Does Emacs 20 do color in text mode now?  I don't see it listed in the
> NEWS file.

No, Emacs still doesn't do color in text mode, as far as I know.