On 2016-01-05 17:55, Eric Abrahamsen writes: >>> The sure-fire rip-cord solution for this sort of situation is to edit >>> the group parameters for that group, completely delete the (active . >>> XXXX) sexp, finish the edits, then M-g on the group again. >>> >>> Works most every time, for me! >>> >>> Of course, I can't currently confirm this, because editing a group in >>> the Group buffer currently gives me: >>> >>> gnus-group-edit-group: Symbol’s function definition is void: >>> gnus-format-message >> >> I'm seeing the same thing, but I can still edit using 'G c' (edit >> through customize interface). Unfortunately it does not change anything: >> as soon as I 'M-g' on it I get back the same active sexp. >> >> I also tried removing the "modseq" sexp, to no avail. > > Oops, that was the only weapon in my arsenal. I suppose you might > consider just removing the server and re-adding it. I don't know what > else can be done. Even this does not work: there is some data cached somewhere, and gnus is using it. What I did: - replace the select-method by nnnil - relaunch emacs and gnus - put back the select-method and all is back as it was before. How can I really remove a server from gnus (as in, get rid of all the cached data for that server)? Is this when I delete .newsrc? Thanks, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7 Athmospheric CO₂ (Updated December 28, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.): 402.60 ppm