* Soup packet generation problems...
@ 1997-03-30 21:07 Nelson Jose dos Santos Ferreira
From: Nelson Jose dos Santos Ferreira @ 1997-03-30 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hi all...

	After almost a year of using Gnus as my news/mail reader, I now want
	to stabilize to procmail+Gnus+Soup for mail l/news reading...

	The problem is with the Soup packet generation. I am using XEmacs
	19.14 on a HP-UX 9.01 with a wimpy 16Mb... It is slow...

	Well, to the point. When packing the Soup packet, it says it was
	unsuccesfull. I went and peeked at gnus-soup.el and saw that message
	appeared when the result of the call-process with invokes the packing
	comand does not validates under zerop... I tested that on the command
	line and the return code is really 0... I don't know how to solve
	this... Any ideas ??

	Oh.. I almost forgot, the packet is generated and I can read the
	messages with nnsoup with  no problems, and the replies are well
	treated... The only problem is that if I don't clean manually the
	SoupBrew directory I get duplicate messages in the SOUP packets..

	Another thing... After that, I upgraded from the 5.2.25 (I think)
	standard with XEmacs 19.14 to 5.4.37 and now I can't even generate the
	MSG and IDX files... It appears the collection of every message
	creates a new buffer and then I get prompted to confirm the save of a
	buffer changed on this and/or with the autosave more recent than the
	buffer... BTW the packing problem subsists...

	I appreciate any help...

	regards,
		Nelson Ferreira

PS: Lars, since I'm a XEmacs user I noticed some of the icons on the etc
packages have some "spots"probably due to some conversion process. I corrected
them... Do you want me to send them to you ?

* Re: Soup packet generation problems...
@ 1997-03-31 10:33 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-03-31 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nelson Jose dos Santos Ferreira <Nelson.Ferreira@inesc.pt> writes:

> Well, to the point. When packing the Soup packet, it says it was
> unsuccesfull. I went and peeked at gnus-soup.el and saw that message
> appeared when the result of the call-process with invokes the packing
> comand does not validates under zerop... I tested that on the command
> line and the return code is really 0... I don't know how to solve
> this... Any ideas ??

Perhaps `call-process' is misbehaving.  What is your `shell-file-name'
set to, for instance?

> PS: Lars, since I'm a XEmacs user I noticed some of the icons on the
> etc packages have some "spots"probably due to some conversion
> process. I corrected them... Do you want me to send them to you ?

:-)  No, the dots are supposed to be there.  The metaphor employed is
a noteboard, and they have those holes in them, for some reason or
other.

  lmi@gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Soup packet generation problems...
@ 1997-04-02  7:09   ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1997-04-02  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > PS: Lars, since I'm a XEmacs user I noticed some of the icons on the
> > etc packages have some "spots"probably due to some conversion
> > process. I corrected them... Do you want me to send them to you ?
>
> :-)  No, the dots are supposed to be there.  The metaphor employed is
> a noteboard, and they have those holes in them, for some reason or
> other.

How about making a DOT cabal that will distribute the un-dotted
version of the icons in the underground?

We may even have our own newsgroup yet: .cabal! [1]

[1]
This is short for `DOT cabal', of course.  All similarities with other
events are purely coincidental. :-)

P.S.
Nelson, can you send me the icons please?

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia