From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-08-06  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been trying to figure out under what circumstances the initial
as the Message-ID of the sent message.  It used to be (as late as the
mid 5.2.20's) that you just had to make the post without any errors
during posting to get the same Message-ID.  That does not appear to be
the case now.  :-(

The only cases where I have to have the exact Message-ID in advance of
the post are either straight nntp groups, or nnml groups with the
to-group flag set (to make my FAQ post code generate correct
References:, and Supersedes: headers).

TIA
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.

* Re: Message-ID: in message buffer
@ 1996-08-06 21:09 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-08-06 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> I've been trying to figure out under what circumstances the initial
> as the Message-ID of the sent message.  It used to be (as late as the
> mid 5.2.20's) that you just had to make the post without any errors
> during posting to get the same Message-ID.  That does not appear to be
> the case now.  :-(

You insert the Message-ID before you start composing the message?
Then you should probably remove `Message-ID' from
`message-deletable-headers'.  I think.