From: Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org>
To: Gnus Users <ding@gnus.org>
Subject: Re: Sorting order in splitting target groups
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 17:12:13 +0530	[thread overview]

Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> writes:

> I am using IMAP. And the sorting order in the INBOX folders is
> chronological i.e. the latest emails are at the bottom. But I am also
> using splitting rules and most of my emails end up in other groups.
>
> In those groups which are target of splitting, the sort order is
> reverse chronological i.e. new mails are at the top. And within a thread
> also the order is reverse chronological. Like this,

Work on it for sometime. And found that the article numbers generated
are not in the order of article date. And the value of my
`gnus-thread-sorting-functions' is default.

Its value is (gnus-thread-sort-by-number)

Is this something that is related to IMAP? Probably IMAP is sending
articles in random order and Gnus assigns them numbers in that order.