Thanks peter - that looks like something I can use. As I am using a Mac, I am going to use ripmime or munpack instead of mhstore they are available via homebrew (which I am using). Thanks a lot - very nice aud useful script! Rainer Peter Münster writes: > On Tue, Sep 02 2014, Rainer M Krug wrote: > >> Or do you have ay opther suggestions > > Hi, > > Please find attached a script, that does something similar (it extracts > images from emails). Perhaps it can help you... -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982