* spamc invocation: move from procmail to Gnus
@ 2004-04-24 19:33 Vasily Korytov
From: Vasily Korytov @ 2004-04-24 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody,

My mail is currently delivered like this:

,----
| unix% cat .forward
| |/usr/local/bin/procmail
| unix% tail -4 .procmailrc
| # make use of SpamAssassin
| #:0fw
| |/usr/local/bin/spamc || exit 0
| #|/usr/local/bin/spamassassin -L
| unix% grep DEFAULT .procmailrc
| DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/
`----

I.e. it's fetched by fetchmail and other means and put in maildir by
procmail, preprocessed by spamassassin. I'm moving my home directory to
NFS and the host machine (k6-266/128m/ata) won't be able to easily
handle spamassassin. So I want to run spamc on client machines.

Oh, boy, I thought, that was done a thousand times. I've looked into
gnus.info and found the solution, that is to add (: function)
construction to nnmail-split-fancy, that calls `spamc -c`.
Unfortunately, that does not suit me: I definitely want spam scores in
message headers. Ok, there is also a solution with a
prescript/postscript -- but do they exist with maildir (for NFS I really
don't want mboxes)? If yes, we got to fix the docs, I think.

I've also looked into spam.el, but found the way, it offers, too
complicated, but uneffective. I simply want to have spamassassin scores
in message header before it gets delivered to a folder.

So, the question is: is there a way to preprocess message being
delivered from a maildir to Gnus with a command? I.e. feed it to some
program and continue other filter rules (I use nnmail-split-fancy) with
its output?

Thanks.

--
       I accept RFC3156 and RFC2440-compatible encrypted mail.
PGP key fingerprint: 3273 7F6F 7B87 5DD5 9848 05FB E442 86BC 2E6B 6831