* message-signature as a function.
@ 1997-03-06  5:55 St. Suika Roberts
From: St. Suika Roberts @ 1997-03-06  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the doc string for message-signature it says:

 #   Documentation:
 #   *String to be inserted at the end of the message buffer.
 #   If t, the `message-signature-file' file will be inserted instead.
 #   If a function, the result from the function will be used instead.
 #   If a form, the result from the form will be used instead.

Which to me reads `If t, insert the contents of `m-s-f'.  If a function,
insert the output of the function.  If a form, insert the output of the
form.'

If it is supposed to read `If a function, insert the file who's name the
function pulls up' perhaps it should be a bit more specific.

If it is supposed to read the way I read it, then adding an example to
the info file might be a good idea.

Thanks,
	Suika
--
	             wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
The computer is mightier than the pen, the sword, and usually, the programmer.

* Re: message-signature as a function.
@ 1997-03-06  6:35 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-03-06  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

"St. Suika Roberts" <wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> writes:

> In the doc string for message-signature it says:
>
>  #   Documentation:
>  #   *String to be inserted at the end of the message buffer.
>  #   If t, the `message-signature-file' file will be inserted instead.
>  #   If a function, the result from the function will be used instead.
>  #   If a form, the result from the form will be used instead.
>
> Which to me reads `If t, insert the contents of `m-s-f'.  If a function,
> insert the output of the function.  If a form, insert the output of the
> form.'

Yes, that's what it means.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen