* Is it possible and where?
@ 1996-10-04 16:26 Jon Kvebaek
From: Jon Kvebaek @ 1996-10-04 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Two things:

1. I have a second mail address I want to set permanetly in the From: field
of outgoing posts. This address has nothing to do with server I'm on, but
is perfectly valid. user-email-address does not seem to work.

2. Is it possible to stand in a summary-buffer and then fetch all old
articles from the group - without going back to the group buffer and enter
it again. I might have overlooked something, but could find nothing in the
docs that said how to do this.

--
"We are an elitist conspiracy."

* Re: Is it possible and where?
@ 1996-10-04 16:53 ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1996-10-04 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jon Kvebaek <jon@origo.no> writes:

> user-email-address does not seem to work.

Try setting  `user-mail-address' instead.

> 2. Is it possible to stand in a summary-buffer and then fetch all old

`C-u M-g'

* Re: Is it possible and where?
@ 1996-10-04 18:10   ` Jon Kvebaek
From: Jon Kvebaek @ 1996-10-04 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Per Abrahamsen writes:

PA> Jon Kvebaek <jon@origo.no> writes:

>> user-email-address does not seem to work.

PA> Try setting `user-mail-address' instead.

I was this: . close to hitting myself repeatedly over the head with the
RAID cabinet, but checked my .gnus, and it is indeed user-mail-address that
I've tried setting. The hostname is completely different from the host I'm
on, and I have some kind of vague memory about Gnus checking the validity
of email-addresses.

>> 2. Is it possible to stand in a summary-buffer and then fetch all old

PA> `C-u M-g'

Cheers :)

So, it's Kiwi Gnus? Made in New Zealand?

*duck*

Jon.
--

@ 1996-10-04 18:59     ` Jon Kvebaek
From: Jon Kvebaek @ 1996-10-04 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jon Kvebaek writes:

>>> user-email-address does not seem to work.

PA> Try setting `user-mail-address' instead.

Ok, I'm correcting myself (slightly). It works for newsgroups, but not for
mail. That's the problem.

Jon - who hates following up his own posts.
--

@ 1996-10-04 19:31       ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-10-04 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jon> user-mail-address [edited -sb] does not seem to work.

Jon> Ok, I'm correcting myself (slightly). It works for newsgroups,
Jon> but not for mail. That's the problem.

What doesn't work about it?  It worked when I just tested it.  Gnus
gets the Sender: field wrong, but that's nothing new.
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.