* emacsclient + w3 = ?
@ 1995-12-14  8:32 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1995-12-14  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd really like it if clicking an URL would pop up a separate XEmacs
(if none was running), start up w3 and fetch the URL in question.
Subsequent clicks would then use emacsclient in some fashion to tell
the XEmacs running w3 to fetch the new URL.

Now, I've looked at the emacsclient thingie, and it seems that
emacsclient just delivers some string to the Emacs server.  This
string is always interpreted as a file name.  (I think.)  If it were
possible to feed the Emacs server some random elisp form, that would
make implementing this stuff very easy.  Or is it possible already?

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen