* gnus switches to "word wrap"
@ 2015-11-30 10:13 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-11-30 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi

I am using "Word Wrap" in a different document which is not opened in
gnus and only in a different instance of emacs.

But for some reason which I do not understand, the Gnus instance is
always switching back to "Word Wrap". Previously it was staying at
"Truncate long lines".

If I open a new Gnus instance, it is set to "Word Wrap", but a new
instance of emacs (same emacs.el file, same customization) is not.

How can I bring back the previous behavior line truncating mode?

Thanks,

Rainer.

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: gnus switches to "word wrap"
@ 2016-02-06  6:34 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-02-06  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: ding

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> I am using "Word Wrap" in a different document which is not opened in
> gnus and only in a different instance of emacs.
>
> But for some reason which I do not understand, the Gnus instance is
> always switching back to "Word Wrap". Previously it was staying at
> "Truncate long lines".
>
> If I open a new Gnus instance, it is set to "Word Wrap", but a new
> instance of emacs (same emacs.el file, same customization) is not.

It sounds like these are global settings that work in all buffers?  I'm
not familiar with either mode.