Ted Zlatanov writes: > It's frustrating, how many times this has come up. Yes. I finally had to build CEDET from trunk, like I said, to get Emacs 24 to work at all. So this morning it "just works". Obviously I had done something carelessly yesterday. My bad. However, I do get this warning now: Warning: The Gnus registry could not be loaded from ~/.gnus.registry.eioio, creating a new one; The Gnus registry could not be loaded from ~/.gnus.registry.eioio, creating a new one Despite the warning, Emacs seems to load and save the file. At least, it doesn't disappear and seems to get larger... I did delete the one from Emacs 23 but that didn't fix the warning. Be seeing you, norm -- Norman Walsh | A rusty nail placed near a faithful http://nwalsh.com/ | compass, will sway it from the truth, | and wreck the argosy.--Sir Walter Scott