* Question on group arg passed to nnmail-expiry-target
@ 2005-04-10 21:24 Seth Falcon
From: Seth Falcon @ 2005-04-10 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

The help for nnmail-expiry-target says that when this variable
contains a function, it will be passed a single argument containing
the group name.

I find that it only passes the "display" group name (I'm sure that
isn't the right term).  But an example will make clear what I mean:

When I'm in group nnimap+localhost:INBOX, I get group == INBOX.

Since I connect to more than one imap server, I'm unable to use the
group argument to distinguish the two :-(

I've found that I can get what I want with gnus-newsgroup-name and
just ignore the group argument in my expiry target chooser function.
But I suspect that I'm missing something, as that would seem to be the
point of passing the group arg?

Is this the intended behavior?  Am I missing another setting?

On a somewhat related note:
I'm using nnmail-fancy-expiry-target and have the targets going to
imap backend groups.  It seems to be working, but when a new imap
group is created, I can't access it until I restart gnus.  When I try
to get there from the *Server* buffer, I get a message like:

    Opening nnimap server on localhost-ephemeral...
    Denied server
    Opening nnimap server on localhost-ephemeral...failed
    gnus-group-read-ephemeral-group: Unable to contact server: nil

I'm using No Gnus v0.3, Emacs 21.3.50.1, OS X, dovecot IMAP server.

Thanks for any pointers.

Best,

+ seth

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-04-10 21:24 UTC | newest]