On 2016-01-05 17:18, Eric Abrahamsen writes: > Alan Schmitt writes: > >> Hello, >> >> As I modified my dovecot configuration, I had to change where the INBOX >> is stored. It should have been transparent to gnus (I access my mail >> locally through dovecot) but for some reason it confused it and gnus now >> believe I have 3900 unread message in this INBOX, although there is >> none. I tried doing 'g' and 'M-g' on it but it does not change anything. >> If I hit 'ret' I get an error "Can't select group", and if I it 'C-u >> ret' I see the expected 27 read messages. >> >> How can I convince gnus to reset its unread count for this mailbox? > > The sure-fire rip-cord solution for this sort of situation is to edit > the group parameters for that group, completely delete the (active . > XXXX) sexp, finish the edits, then M-g on the group again. > > Works most every time, for me! > > Of course, I can't currently confirm this, because editing a group in > the Group buffer currently gives me: > > gnus-group-edit-group: Symbol’s function definition is void: > gnus-format-message I'm seeing the same thing, but I can still edit using 'G c' (edit through customize interface). Unfortunately it does not change anything: as soon as I 'M-g' on it I get back the same active sexp. I also tried removing the "modseq" sexp, to no avail. Thanks, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7 Athmospheric CO₂ (Updated December 28, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.): 402.60 ppm