* Specifying Lynx as a W3 browser
@ 1995-11-08  4:46 Steven L. Baur
From: Steven L. Baur @ 1995-11-08  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I got used to running Lynx out of an Xterm with exmh, and the lack of
support from Gnus was getting on my nerves.  Deride Lynx all you want,
it's still (by far) the fastest way to get information off the World
Wide Web.

The attached function may be used as follows:
(setq gnus-browse-url 'gnus-lynx-start-url)

(defun gnus-lynx-start-url (url)
  "Start the Lynx w3 browser on a URL."
  (start-process (concat "lynx" url) nil "xterm" "-e" "lynx" url))

--
steve@miranova.com baur

* Re: Specifying Lynx as a W3 browser
@ 1995-11-08  5:57 ` David W. Crawford
From: David W. Crawford @ 1995-11-08  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> I got used to running Lynx out of an Xterm with exmh, and the lack of
> support from Gnus was getting on my nerves.  Deride Lynx all you want,
> it's still (by far) the fastest way to get information off the World
> Wide Web.

I got used to using lynx on a vt102 (no Xwindows).
Is it possible to co-ordinate lynx and Gnus in
an vanilla v102 environment ?

David W. Crawford    dc@panix.com

@ 1995-11-08  6:18   ` Steven L. Baur
From: Steven L. Baur @ 1995-11-08  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

    David> I got used to using lynx on a vt102 (no Xwindows).  Is it
    David> possible to co-ordinate lynx and Gnus in an vanilla v102
    David> environment ?

Does terminal.el work on your system?  If it does, that's probably the
easiest way to do it.

--
steve@miranova.com baur