* Remove server from gnus
@ 2014-09-11  8:29 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-09-11  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
Hi

I am using offlineimap to sync my email and it works nicely from gnus to
access my emails. Only this morning, offlineimap did not sync my gmail
account anymore. so I added my gmail account in my gnus.el.

Some time later, I figured out why offlineimap was not working anymore,
and I removed the imap+gmail definition (and all references to it) from
my gnus.el file.

But whenever I start gnus, the gmail server is still there and I can not
kill it. When I try to kill it with "k", I get the error message

,----
| gnus-server-kill-server: Read-only server nnimap:gmail
`----

I do not want to fiddle with my .gnusrc.eld file.

I finally managed thanks to backups, but there must be a better way?

I could only find this old answer, which is likely completely outdated [1].

Additionally: what is the correct procedure to remove a server from
gnus, which has been defined in the gnus.el file?

Thanks,

Rainer

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.theusenetarchive.com/usenet-message-how-to-kill-a-server-37906822.htm