* Archiving messages and nnir
@ 2012-03-08 11:37 Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2012-03-08 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus Beta Testers

  Hi!

  I've just ran on a small inconvenience a minute ago.

- My mails are stored on a imap server.
- I wanted to reply to an old message, so I did a 'G G' on a group, and
  found the message in question.
- I replied to it, but the X-Draft-From header is set to 'nnir
  something' instead of the original group the message came from.

As a consequence, Gnus could not archive my reply properly. I have no
time to look into this right now, so if someone wants to beat me to
it...

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com

* Re: Archiving messages and nnir
@ 2012-03-08 11:44 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-03-08 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus Beta Testers

Didier Verna <didier@xemacs.org> writes:

Hi Didier,

>   I've just ran on a small inconvenience a minute ago.
>
> - My mails are stored on a imap server.
> - I wanted to reply to an old message, so I did a 'G G' on a group, and
>   found the message in question.
> - I replied to it, but the X-Draft-From header is set to 'nnir
>   something' instead of the original group the message came from.
>
> As a consequence, Gnus could not archive my reply properly. I have no
> time to look into this right now, so if someone wants to beat me to
> it...

When you've found the message you've been looking for in the nnir
buffer, hit `A W' or `A T' on it and you'll switch to that message (or
complete thread) in the original imap group.  Then all your posting
styles and archive settings apply as usual.

,----[ (info "(gnus)Basic Usage") ]
|    The `nnir' group made in this way is an `ephemeral' group, and some
| changes are not permanent: aside from reading, moving, and deleting,
| you can't act on the original article. But there is an alternative: you
| can _warp_ to the original group for the article on the current line
| with `A W', aka `gnus-warp-to-article'. Even better, the function
| `gnus-summary-refer-thread', bound by default in summary buffers to `A
| T', will first warp to the original group before it works its magic and
| includes all the articles in the thread. From here you can read, move
| and delete articles, but also copy them, alter article marks, whatever.
| Go nuts.
`----

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Archiving messages and nnir
@ 2012-03-08 12:35   ` Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2012-03-08 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: Gnus Beta Testers

Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> wrote:

> When you've found the message you've been looking for in the nnir
> buffer, hit `A W' or `A T' on it and you'll switch to that message (or
> complete thread) in the original imap group. Then all your posting
> styles and archive settings apply as usual.

  Oh, right, I missed that. Thank you very much!